At CH&Co Catering Group Ltd we are certified to the ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System (EMS) as well as to the ISO 50001:2011 Energy Management System (EnMS). We are fully
committed to continual improvement of our environmental and energy performance, the EMS and the EnMS, whilst minimising adverse impacts. As part of this ethos, we have developed a detailed strategy
to guide the business, called “Planet” where we identified the environmental aspects that are the most relevant to our operations.
We are committed to protect the environment through pollution prevention, energy efficiency and sustainable resource. Through the “Planet” programme, our commitment is to:
- Reduce the amount of non-recyclable disposable goods used by units;
- Actively work with our clients to encourage recycling and other green initiatives at local level;
- Reduce the food waste from our operations;
- Work with approved suppliers to encourage supply chain traceability and the procurement of sustainable and Fairtrade products;
- Reduce energy usage across the business in kWh/employee and correspondent CO2 emissions whilst increasing energy efficiency;
- To measure, monitor and report energy usage performance;
- To raise staff awareness of energy usage through information, training and events;
- Support the procurement of energy efficient products and services that impact our energy performance;
- Ensure the necessary resources are available to achieve our objectives and environmental and energy targets; and
- Give due consideration to environmental issues and energy performance in the acquisition, design, location and use of buildings.
Further, we are fully committed in satisfying environmental and energy legislation, regulations and other compliance obligations.
This policy is available to the public upon request.
Bill Toner - CEO
Date – 2nd September 2020