CH&CO Group is fully committed to ensuring the continued support of charities and charity/community work, both industry related and those with a special connection to our clients and team members.
The Company is keen to support charities that are local, national and international. We are committed to:
- Helping those less fortunate, either directly, or by supporting the charities in fundraising or providing practical help and advice
- Support our people in fundraising matters
- Provide volunteering days for our team members, supported by our volunteering policy
- To make a positive difference to the communities around us
The aims of the Company’s charity and community policy, is based on the following principles:
- Supporting Charities
- We support industry charities via direct fundraising (e.g. Nepal trek for Springboard)
- We support their fundraising initiatives such as attending Hospitality Action fundraising events.
- We provide tangible help to charities – for example, enlisting team members to act as Springboard Ambassadors; senior team members to join charity committees, boards or act as Trustees; or helping Surrey Docks Farm dig the foundations for their new pig pen
- We support a number of other charities that provide support to the wider community such as Stonewall which promotes equality for the LGBT community; ELBA, which builds the connection between businesses and the community in east London and beyond, creating a positive impact and strong communities and tackling the issues that determine social mobility; and The Prince’s Trust to provide ‘get into work’ opportunities for people from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Supporting our Employees
We encourage our team members to participate in charity/community work by providing paid volunteering days. This in turn benefits the team member by:
- Being connected to their community
- Team bonding, if participated as a group
- Make new friendships and contacts
- Encourage physical activity
- Decrease stress levels
- Opportunity for payroll giving
- Building new skills
- Supporting our Clients
- We support charities that are important to our clients and help them in their fundraising efforts, where we can.
- Our teams across the company play an active part in helping our clients raise money for their chosen charities by organising catering or fundraising in restaurants and this support often plays a big part in these clients raising money for charity
All employees of the Company have a personal responsibility in the way that their conduct impacts on this policy and need to ensure they are fully aware of the charity and community strategies mentioned in this policy.