22nd March 2018
CH&Co’s chefs step up to the plate at Hotelympia
CH&Co Group is celebrating the success of its chefs that competed at Hotelympia 2018.
A team of 14 chefs showcased their skills and talents at Hotelympia’s International Salon Culinaire in March. The experience ranged from apprentices from our Chefs Academy, who had never stepped foot in a competition kitchen before, through to seasoned competition chefs. We are incredibly proud that collectively they scooped a series of gold, silver and bronze medals, as well as certificates of merit.
Steve Oram, CH&Co Group’s culinary people and development manager, said: “What a fantastic set of results the team at Hotelympia produced! Congratulations to everyone involved, they all worked incredibly hard and were fantastic ambassadors for CH&Co.
“I particularly want to highlight the achievements of our seven apprentice chefs. Many of them had never experienced a show the size of Hotelympia before or a competition kitchen, so the combination of the two was pretty daunting for them. They all took it completely in their stride, overcame every challenge presented to them, and did themselves and the company proud. With one competition successfully under their belts, they’re certainly ones to watch!”
- Ben Garnet Sinclair – Awarded Gold for best in class in the British Culinary Federation Young Chefs Challenge
- Stefan Murdoch (apprentice) – Awarded Gold in Flat Fish Filleting
- Gabriel Egbe (apprentice) – A warded Silver in Chicken Cut for sauté
- Don Paraskevas – Awarded Bronze in the TUCO Challenge
- Anthony Adhen – Awarded Bronze in the TUCO Challenge
- Jordan Fletcher (apprentice) – Awarded Bronze in the Round Fish filleting
- Dawn Sexton (apprentice) – Two Certificates of Merit in the live Gateaux & Decorated Cupcakes
- Skye Thompson Shaw (apprentice) – Certificate of Merit in the Tabasco Apprentice Competition
- Ben Jacobs (apprentice) – Certificate of Merit in the Complex Salad
- Jim Wealands – Certificate of Merit in the Churchill Chef & Potter Challenge
- Steve Oram – Certificate of Merit in the Churchill Chef & Potter Challenge
- Melvyn Redding – Certificate of Merit in the Tilda Rice Team Challenge
- Liam Benham – Certificate of Merit in the Tilda Rice Team Challenge
- Jake Speakman (apprentice) – Certificate of participation in the Junior Lamb
Hotelympia’s International Salon Culinaire is the UK’s largest and most prestigious chef competition programme. It comprises of four competition categories – Salon Display, Live Theatre, Skills Theatre and La Parade des Chefs – which showcase the terrific skills and talent within our industry. Over 100 different competitions took place over the four days of Hotelympia.