24th June 2019
CH&CO Independent makes its mark at City Kids School Food Awards
CH&CO Independent’s schools made a real impact at the inaugural City Kids School Food Awards, with six awards in total.
The awards recognise and celebrate the great work of schools and their kitchen teams and continue the conversation around healthy eating. They spotlight schools that are providing catering excellence and thinking beyond meat and potatoes.
The judges made their decision based on first-hand experience of the food in the schools and the knowledge and flair of the school catering teams. Congratulations to the following CH&CO Independent teams and individuals who wowed the judges with their fantastic menus, hard work, knowledge, enthusiasm and unwavering dedication to the wellbeing of children:
- School Dinner Hero – Highly Commended: Mike Worters, development chef at Fulham Prep
- Best Vegetarian Menu – Highly Commended: Fulham Prep
- Best School Menu – Highly Commended: Fulham Prep
- Best School Menu Secondary – Winner: Lambrook School
- Best School Menu Primary – Runner-up: Falcons Pre-Preparatory School
- Best School Menu Primary – Highly Commended: Fulham Prep
Deborah Homshaw, Managing Director of CH&CO Independent, said: “Congratulations to all our teams on their success in City Kids School Food Awards. They work incredibly hard to make food and mealtimes fun and inspire a lifelong love of good food, pushing boundaries and creating dining experiences that children want to enjoy. The physical and emotional wellbeing of the children in our schools is incredibly important to us and this recognition is testament to the delicious and uplifting experiences our team create. I’m very proud of them.”